Views: 2 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-11-08 Origin: Site
Steel pipe piles are widely used in various situations such as supporting piles and friction piles. Especially when it is used as a supporting pile, it can be fully driven into a relatively hard supporting layer, so it can exert the bearing effect of the strength of the entire section of the steel. Even in the deep and weak soil foundation of more than 30m, the steel pipe piles can be sunk onto a relatively solid supporting layer and give full play to its bearing capacity. In summary, the main features of steel pipe piles are:
1. It can withstand strong impact. Because it can withstand strong impact, its penetration and penetration performance is superior. If there is a hard interlayer buried in the foundation with a thickness of Ⅳ = about 30, it can pass through smoothly. It can be penetrated a solid support layer according to design requirements.
2. Large bearing capacity. Since the steel used as the base material of the steel pipe pile has a high yield strength, a large bearing capacity can be obtained as long as the pile is sunk on a solid support layer.
3. Large horizontal resistance and strong lateral resistance. Due to the large section stiffness of the steel pipe pile and the large resistance moment against the bending moment, it can withstand a large horizontal force. In addition, large-diameter thick-walled pipes can also be used. Therefore, it can be widely used on bollards, bridge abutments, and bridge piers that bear lateral forces.
4. Great design flexibility. The wall thickness of every single pipe of the steel pipe pile can be changed according to the needs, and the outer diameter can be selected to meet the design load-bearing requirements according to the needs.
5. The pile length is easy to adjust. When the layer as the supporting layer of the pile tip is undulating, the prepared pile will appear to be longer or shorter. Because steel pipe piles can be welded and lengthened freely or cut short by gas cutting, it is easy to adjust the length of the pile, so that the construction can be carried out smoothly.
6. The joints are safe and suitable for long-size construction. Because steel pipe piles are easy to make welded joints, and the pile sections are spliced together, and the strength of the joint is equal to the base material and strength, the embedding depth can be determined to meet the needs.
7. Easy to combine with the upper structure. The steel pipe pile can be easily combined with the upper pile cap by pre-welding the steel bar to the upper part of the pile. It can also be directly welded to the upper structure, thus ensuring the upper and lower work together.
8. Discharge the least soil when piling. Steel pipe piles can be driven in through openings, relatively speaking, the discharge cross-sectional area is small, and the driving efficiency is high. Then it has the following characteristics,
a: Small disturbance to the foundation.
b: There is no adverse effect on neighboring buildings (structures), and very intensive piling construction can be carried out in a small area.
c: It is most suitable for high-rise buildings, large-scale machinery, and equipment foundations and harbor structures, etc., where large loads are applied to a small area.
d: Easy to handle and stack. The steel pipe pile is light in weight, so there is no need to worry about damage, and it is easy to handle and stack.
e: Save engineering costs and shorten the construction period. Because steel pipe piles have many of the above-mentioned characteristics, if these characteristics can be fully utilized in actual projects, the construction period can be shortened. Steel pipe piles are most suitable for rapid construction. Therefore, its comprehensive economic benefits are high, and relatively speaking, it can save engineering costs.