Views: 4 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2023-03-17 Origin: Site
As the main force of long-distance pipelines, what is the difference between oil pipelines and gas pipelines? We mainly use common crude oil steel pipes for oil pipelines.
1. Different power sources: energy is also required, but crude oil steel pipes and natural gas steel pipes have different power sources. The power source of the crude oil steel pipe is the centrifugal pump, and the power source of the natural gas steel pipe is the compressor.
2. The temperature requirements are different: for the same transportation, crude oil steel pipes and natural gas steel pipes have different temperature requirements, one needs to be heated and the other needs to be cooled. The domestic crude oil transported by crude oil steel pipes generally has a higher freezing point, while the lower the temperature of natural gas steel pipes, the easier it is to transport.
3. The requirements for flow velocity are different: for the same flow, the requirements for the convection velocity of crude oil steel pipe and natural gas steel pipe are different, one should be faster and the other should be slower. Crude oil steel pipes will set the output, and natural gas steel pipes do not have problems related to low output.
4. The law of pressure drop is different: due to the existence of frictional resistance, there is energy loss during the transportation of oil and gas steel pipes, and the pressure will decrease with the increase of transportation distance. The pressure drop of the crude oil steel pipe is relatively uniform, and the pressure drop of the natural gas steel pipe is generally slow at first and then fast.
5. Different forms of distribution and transportation: crude oil steel pipes and natural gas steel pipes correspond to similar resources, but downstream users are quite different, one is wholesale and the other is retail. Crude oil steel pipes transport crude oil from oil fields to refineries, and natural gas steel pipe distribution locations can be located in any city along the pipeline.
6. Different compatibility: After the crude oil steel pipe and the natural gas steel pipe are built, they have different compatibility with other resources, one is picky and the other is tolerant. Crude oil steel pipes are tailor-made according to the physical properties of oil products, and natural gas steel pipes have strong compatibility with different resources.
7. Different stability: the transportation stability of crude oil steel pipe and natural gas steel pipe is different, one is stable and the other fluctuates. The upstream of the crude oil pipe is an oil field, and the downstream is a refinery, which is not affected by the season. The corresponding gas source of natural gas steel pipe is relatively stable, while the downstream market demand changes greatly.
8. Different environmental impacts: In the process of pipeline construction, it is inevitable to pass through various environmentally sensitive areas, but crude oil steel pipes and natural gas steel pipes have different environmental impacts, one is serious and the other is slight. Once the crude oil steel pipe leaks, it will pollute the environment if it is light, or cause a fire if it is serious, and the consequences will be very serious. Even if there is a leakage accident in the natural gas steel pipe, the valve chambers at both ends of the leakage point will be automatically shut off, and the gas stored in this section of the pipe will be quickly emptied, and the impact on the surrounding environment will be relatively small.